Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday January 31, 2008

Istijlal (Majesty), 13 Sultan (Sovereignty), 164 B.E. - Thursday, January 31, 2008 about 9:25 AM PST

Thankful Thursday

Today is thankful Thursday
this week's day of gratitude and thankfulness
my gratitude journal called Glory
waits patiently
for today's entry.

What am I thankful for this week?
Can I find ten items from the past seven days
to be thankful for?

There is the beauty of the morning
the sun is bright and cheerful,
the sky is cloudless and blue,
there is a slight breeze blowing through the stone pine trees,
and the air is slightly chilly,
with the promise of approaching spring.

There are the new arrivals in Las Vegas
my brother, his wife and one son
have moved back to town,
they are looking for a place to live
and looking forward to going to work on
Monday morning.

There is the coffee waiting for me
to make it and drink it;
I have enough coffee to last the rest of the week.

There is the promise of a New Year
still fresh with hope;
an abundant year to proclaim
the joy of life
and the Glory of God.

No comments: