Saturday, January 05, 2008

It Rained 5 Days into 2008

6 Sharaf (Honor) 164 B.E. - Saturday, January 5, 2008 about 11:00 AM PST

It rained this morning before dawn. I'm not what time it rained because when I got up at 4:30 AM my driveway was wet and there were puddles of water in front of the garage. It feels extra chilly this morning, but I think that is due to the rain.

I'm glad I wasn't in it because autumn and winter rain seems colder then spring or summer rain. The sky is covered with variegated gray clouds. It doesn't look like the sky is going to clear today. I didn't watch the news or the weather this morning on T.V. I changed radio stations on the alarm clock, so that it wakes me up to music instead of a male voice. I haven't figured out when the news and weather comes on this radio station.

I'll check my e-mail after while to see what the weather report says. I got started a bit later today than usual on writing and housework. Instead of going right to work this morning, I sit on the couch and said prayers. I doze and didn't get the trash out to the curb for the trucks today. I think I'm going to take it out Tuesday and Friday night instead of Wednesday and Saturday morning. This winter I can't get motivated to take the trashcans to the curb of a morning.

I worry more about animals getting into the trash left at the curb overnight, if we had that type of problem in this neighborhood. It's not animals getting into the trash that's the problem here, but people looking for stuff to recycle. I don't mind people going through my trash as long as they don't scatter it all over the street. The only thing in my trash that they could sell is plastic bottles. If I have aluminium cans I keep them, sell them myself and use the money for gas.

No comments: