Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I found a picture of me as a child

Istijlal (Majesty), 10 Sharaf (Honor) 164 B.E. - Wednesday, January 9, 2008 about 7:19 PM PST

I found a photo of myself as a child. I think that it was taken around Easter maybe in 1949 or 1950. The house in the background is in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I think the house was on West College.

That picture was taken in another century. The world has changed so much since my mother took that picture. Earth is a different world now. I'm amazed when I think of the events that have happened in my lifetime. I saw the first man land on the moon and the destruction of the twin towers in New York. I sit amazed at the freedom marches in the south during the life of Martin Luther King.

The things all those events had in common is communications technology. I watched the freedom marches in the south on T.V. I saw the first human land on the moon on T.V. I saw the twin towers in New York destroyed, but not on T.V. I got the news of the twin towers over the Internet. I first watched the towers fall on an Internet web page.

When that picture of me was taken T.V. was in its infancy. I remember watching Howdy Doody and the original Mickey Mouse Club growing up. My parents and my grandparents had black and white Television sets. I wasn't introduced to the Internet until I was over thirty. Now I'm sixty-one and I use the Internet all the time. In fact, I get most of my news on the Internet rather then watching T.V.

My how the world has changed and I with it.

No comments: