Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tribulation Tuesday: Tuesday Afternoon Depression

Fiḍál (Grace), 19 Kamál (Perfection), 171 BE - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 about 3:17 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It's a depressing Tuesday afternoon. I think I should say it's Tuesday afternoon and I'm depressed. I don't know why I'm depressed so I'm going to focus on writing instead of the depression. Writing usually helps me overcome the desire to cry on my keyboard, which would short out the keyboard. Since I'm depress I will ramble instead of focusing on one subject.

It's Tuesday afternoon, I'm depressed. Depression is part of the tribulation I deal with on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The time period of my depression depends on a number of things and sometimes I don't know what triggers the depression. At other times I suspect the depression is caused by my negative thoughts or whatever I ate for lunch or dinner. Composing this blog entry helps alleviate the depression because it refocuses my thought.

There was a time when I wasn't as open about the depression as today. I don't think hiding the problems helps. I think hiding the problem just makes the depression worse because if I hide it, if I don't admit it exists, I can't ask for help. If I hide it I can't go to my friends and say "I'm depressed! Can we talk about it?" I think this entry has come to an end because I'm not depressed any more. Writing about it has helped. Writing about it always helps.

No comments: