Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Midweek Reflections: Keeping Depression at Bay

‘Idál (Justice), 13 Kamál (Perfection), 171 BE - Wednesday, August 13, 2014 about 6:56 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It's Wednesday afternoon and I'm depressed. I'm not sure why I'm depressed, but one reason may be that I haven't been making any entries in my Pen & Paper Journal. I haven't made an entry in that journal in a couple of months, so today I started a an entry. I haven't finished it yet because I wrote half a paragraph and fell asleep before I finished it. I'll finish that entry this evening.

The weird thing is that this morning I felt find. No depression even though it was cloudy and looked rainy. I was find until this afternoon and the depression hit me like a bolt of lightning. I wanted to cry, I'm past the tears stage now. As long as I write, the depression doesn't bother me and appears to go away entirely. It doesn't bother me as long as I write; however, I can't write all the time because I have housework and laundry to do. I'm considering going to the laundromat on Friday morning before I go to the grocery store for some food stuff and other supplies.

I may not go to the grocery store until Saturday. I haven't been out of the house all week, so that could be one reason I'm depressed. The only thing I've did outside the house is take the trash to the alley and then walk back to the apartment. I usually try to take the trash early in the morning, but maybe I need to do it closer to noon so that I can get more sunshine.

I'll finish the letter to Baha'u'llah I started in my Pen & Paper Journal, maybe that will reveal why I'm depressed. Not that I would write the reason for my depression in a blog entry. Writing why I'm depressed is too personal right now and I can't get up the courage to write about it online, which is the reason I keep a Pen & Paper Journal. I think this is the most I've ever written about my depression online. I might try this again later in the week.

No comments: