Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thankful Thursday: What do I have to give thanks for?

Istijlál (Majesty), 14 Kamál (Perfection), 171 BE - Thursday, August 14, 2014 about 3:27 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It is August 14, 2014. It is the second Thankful Thursday in August, with two more to go. It is one of those days when I wonder what I have to be thankful for. I have been going in and out of depression for a few days now, so it is important for me to find something to give thanks for. Since it is Thankful Thursday, I need to find ten things to put on my gratitude list.

On Thursday, August 14,  2014, I am Thankful...

01. ...for Tabasco© Sauce my favorite brand of hot pepper sauce.

02, ...that Tabasco© Sauce comes in several different flavors because I am a creative cook who likes to experiment with different flavors of hop pepper sauce.

03. ...for frozen pieces of chicken I purchase in the store because I do not have to deal with preparing whole chicken when I cook.

04. ...that it rained last weekend because the rain made me smile, which helped to alive my depression.

05. ...for the bottle vinegar I had on the shelf because I was able to clean my coffeemaker out before I made tea this afternoon.

06. ...that I have several bags of English black tea in a canister because that is my favorite flavor to use for hot and iced tea with.

07. ...for the cans of apple sauce I get with my Senior Commodities allotment because I can eat apple sauce for desert when I do not have anything else in the house.

08. ...that I still have some catfish in the freezer because I can thaw one out for my breakfast tomorrow.

09. ...for the warm beauty of an August afternoon.

10. ...that my cellphone has a calculator.

No comments: