Monday, August 18, 2014

Meditation Monday: Trust in God

Kamál (Perfection), 18 Kamál (Perfection), 171 BE - Monday, August 18, 2014 about 8:35 am Pacific Daylight Time

"Be patient under all conditions, and put your whole trust and confidence in God."
Baha'u'llah, Remembrance of God, page 1

Patience, sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't, I have found is something that is necessary when I place my problems in God's hands. I used to think I was patient, but lately I do not see that virtue in myself especially when I do not have control of a situation. While I may not have control of a situation, I know that God does.

Today
I place my impatience
and all of my problems
in God's hands.


My impatience is a test I have to face. It is a vice I have to replace with the virtue of patience. I have found that tests and difficulties are made worse by impatience. Impatience is looking too closely at the problem without raising my eyes to look beyond my present condition. If I look beyond the test I am facing, I will find the solution by looking outside myself. When I place a problem in God's hands then I am looking beyond my helplessness and relying on strength that is outside my own weaknesses.

I take a deep breath,
I place the problem in God's hands,
I take whatever action I can
knowing that the situation
will turn out according to God's plan.

No comments: