Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thankful Thursday: August 21, 2014

Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Asmá’ (Names), 171 BE - Thursday, August 21, 2014 about 12:48 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Today I am thankful...

01. ...that I was able to transfer money from my Opinions Outpost account to my PayPal account and then to my checking account.

02,  ...for the coffee maker I used to make coffee every morning because fresh brewed coffee tastes better then instant coffee.

03. ...that I heard a sparrow sing this morning when I opened my front door. I love living in a neighborhood where I can hear the birds singing in the pine, oak, or palm trees.

04. ...for peanut butter sandwiches on white bread because it brings back memories of my childhood and my Grandmother Mary's peanut butter sandwiches.

05. ...that I was able to accept two video ads for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff. I accepted on ad yesterday and another today.

06. ...for the partly cloudy sky I see when I look out my window. The  white clouds move slowly across the blue sky sometimes hiding the sun.

07. ...that I found my copy of The Book of Forms: A Handbook of Poetics by Lewis Turco because I have a poem to write for a monthly contest on writing.com. This month I am going to attempt a form poem instead of free verse and I need to chose the form I am going to use.

08. ...for the book Remembrance of God: A Selection of Baha'i Prayers and Holy Writing which I placed next to my computer keyboard. If I have trouble thinking of something to write I can say a prayer and I will find a theme or subject.

09. ...that today is Thankful Thursday because I needed to find something to be Thankful for this week. Writing a Thankful Thursday gratitude list is always encouraging and inspiring.

10. ...for writing.com and a  place to keep some of my creative works.


No comments: