Monday, August 25, 2014

Meditation Monday: Prayer, Meditation, Forgiveness

Kamál (Perfection), 6 Asmá’ (Names), 171 BE - Monday, August 25, 2014 about 6:26 am Pacific Daylight Time

I deepen my experience of God through prayer, meditation, and forgiveness.
Marianne Williamson

I discovered that beautiful quote on the Psychology Today website in an article by Stephanie Sarkis, Ph.D. titled Here, There, and Everywhere, which was published on June 8, 2012.

That quote inspired me to write the following poem.
I empty my mind,
I intone God's Most Great Name,
and then read the quote.

Mind and spirit calmed
I feel the words echoing
my spirit's bird song.

I forgive myself,
and I forgive others too:
inhale forgiveness.

I breathe in and out
meditation's exercise:
exhale forgiveness.

I intone God's praise
reciting revealed prayers:
faith's tranquility.

No comments: