Thursday, August 07, 2014

Thankful Thursday: My Gratitude List on the First Thankful Thursday in August 2014

Istijlál (Majesty), 7 Kamál (Perfection), 171 BE - Thursday, August 7, 2014 about 6:43 am Pacific Daylight Time

Today I am thankful...

01. ...that I have two large plastic covered coffee  mugs because I can put iced coffee in one and ice water in the other.  I can then sit them on the wooden television stand that is placed next to my computer.

02. ...for the cool morning temperatures that allows me to have my front door open while I am working at the computer this morning. I can look out my front door and watch the morning shadow lengthen as the sun rises above Sunrise Mountain.

03. ...that I had some coffee left over from yesterday because I did not have to wait for coffee to brew before I fixed my first container of iced coffee.

04. ...for the weird noises I hear in this neighborhood before the sun comes up. I know they are only weird because I could not see what was making them, but they encourage my muse and make me think of ideas for poems and stories.

05. ...that I can hear a young bird chirping in one of the pine, oak, or palm trees growing in this neighborhood.

06. ...for the rain we received over the weekend. Listening to the rain and the thunder was a pleasant and cooling experience.

07. ...that is it monsoon season in Las Vegas, which means we can expect some more cooling rain and thunder storms before the end of August.

08. ...for the two containers of milk I got with my senior commodities allotment yesterday. I can now have some Ovaltine© in regular milk instead of making dry milk to drink with the Ovaltine©.

09. ...that I have cheese in the refrigerator because I can make a grilled cheese sandwich with English muffins today.

10. ...for the dry cereal I have because I can open a can of apples sauce to dump over my cereal. I do not care much for cereal and milk anymore.

No comments: