Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thankful Thursday: The Last Thankful Thursday in August 2014

Istijlál (Majesty), 9 Asmá’ (Names), 171 BE - Thursday, August 28, 2014 about 5:39 am Pacific Daylight Time

On the last Thankful Thursday in August 2014, I am thankful...

01. ...for spellcheckers because this morning my fingers don't want to spell the words properly. They keep missing letters in the middle of the word.

02. ...that on Wednesday, August 27, I went to the full service gas station after I stopped at the bank instead of going to the grocery store before getting gas. After the attendant  put gas in my car, he checked the tires and the one on the front passenger side was flat. The gas station attendant put air in the tire, then I went to American Discount Tires (where I purchased my tires) to have them see what caused the problem and got the tire fixed.

03. ...for the rooster that crows every morning at first light because hearing him greet the new day is inspiring.

04. ...that I had a $2.00 off coupon for a box of Depends© that I could use when I went to Smiths Food & Drug store yesterday.

05. ...for the blessing of living in an apartment with thin walls. I can hear the neighbors music, their dog bark when it gets upset, and smell the food they are cooking, It is inspiring to live in such a close neighborhood.

06. ...that I have a push cart with wheels so that I can bring my groceries in from my car. I can also use the cart for taking laundry to the car and boxes to the dumpsters in the alley.

07. ...for Folger© black silk coffee the smoothest and best tasting coffee I have ever consumed.

08. ...that I can sit at my computer each morning and look out my front door. It is inspiring to watch the sky turn from silken black to pale blue and then to sapphire.

09. ...for the Brita© pitcher because I do not have to purchase bottled water to either drink or use to make coffee at home.

10. ...that I had a $1.50 off coupon for a Brita© filter for my pitcher. I purchased the new filter and will put it in the pitcher on September 1.

No comments: