Sunday, August 03, 2014

Supplication Sunday: On the First of Five Sundays in August

Jamál (Beauty), 3 Kamál (Perfection), 171 BE - Sunday, August 3, 2014 about 7:14 am Pacific Daylight Time

On the first of five Sundays in August,
I give thanks for the rooster I heard crowing this morning,
for the cloudy skies that foretell rain,
for the cool summer temperature
that encourages me
to open my apartment door
so that I can listen
to the mysterious neighborhood noises.

On the first of five Sundays in August,
I praise the beauty
of a cloudy morning in Las Vegas
by writing poetry
and giving thanks to the Lord
for four more summer Sundays.

On the first of five Sundays in August,
I inhale the beauty of dawn
before I whisper
a prayer of thanksgiving and praise
to the Creator of the Universe.

No comments: