Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday Review: I am changing the way I purchase paper towels and toilet paper

Jalál (Glory), 11 Asmá’ (Names), 171 BE - Saturday, August 30, 2014 about 10:27 am Pacific Daylight Time

I used to be one of those people who purchased only national or name brand toilet paper and paper towels. If I had coupons I would use coupons, but I would always buy a name brand, but not any more. For the second time in two or three months, I downloaded e-coupons to my shopper's card for both paper towels and toilet paper. When I got to the supermarket and looked at the prices, I decided it was cheaper to purchase the store brand without a coupon then it was to purchase the name brand with a coupon.

I purchased a package containing three rolls of paper towels, a 4-roll package of toilet paper, and one box of facial tissue for less then $4.00 without coupons. I am no longer going to download coupons to my shopper's card for either paper towels or toilet paper because I will not use them. I will get to the store, look at the prices, and decide to purchase the store brand instead of the national brand.

I might use paper coupons for these items, but only if I think the savings is worth the hassle of clipping the coupons, carrying them to the store, and comparing the prices. Otherwise I will continue to purchase the store or some other generic brand of paper towels and toilet paper. Why spend a lot of money for something you are just going to flesh down the drain or throw in the dumpster?

No comments: