Monday, May 20, 2013

The wind is still blowing in Las Vegas

Kamál (Perfection), 4 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur), 170 BE - Monday, May 20, 2013 about 1:58 PM Pacific Time

The wind is still blowing in Las Vegas. It seems as if we have had more windy day  this month then normal; however, that may just me my opinion. I look out the living room window and watch the limbs of the olive tree across the street wave. The tree seems to be waving good-by to spring because we have begun encountering triple digit days.

triple digit days
cast warm shadows over May
the wind is blowing

I don't like getting out of the house on triple digit days, but often I have no other choice. I just checked the temperature for Las Vegas on weather.com. According to weather.com the temperature right now is 81 degrees, but it feels like 79 degrees; I guess that is because the wind is blowing. The high today is supposed to be 84 degrees. I like those temperatures better then the triple digit temperatures we've experienced for the past few days.

I like getting out of the house better in 80 degree temperatures rather then 100 degree temperatures. I think that's because the air in my car doesn't work properly. I usually plan my trips to the store and every place else in the morning or the evening. Sometime I have to get out during the hottest part of the day, but I don't like doing that.

No comments: