Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The reason I do not like being sick

‘Idál (Justice), 4 Jamál (Beauty), 170 BE - Wednesday, May 1, 2013 about 11:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time

April was National Poetry Month and I managed to write 28 poems. That was almost a poem a day, unfortunately because I was ill for about three days I missed two poems. I should not complain because despite being sick for three day, I managed to review enough items on writing.com so that I earned enough Gift Points to renew my premium membership for another month. My membership now expires on May 31, 2013.

The problems was my concentration, I could only concentrate for about an hour at a time before I started to fall asleep at the keyboard. It is not a good idea for me to fall asleep at my computer keyboard because I fall out of my chair when I drop off to sleep while working online. When I catch myself starting to doze off, I have to get up and go lay down on the couch for a short nap. When I am sick, my naps last for three or four hours at a time, which makes it difficult to get anything accomplished online.

I do not like being sick because it puts me behind on almost everything. I do not like being ill because it interferes with writing poetry or anything else. I missed two whole days of blog entries. I missed completing a poem a day during National Poetry Month. I missed my coffee because the only thing I wanted to drink was water. I missed meals because I could no eat more then three bites at a time. I missed doing laundry because I did not want to put clothes in the washer that would sit for a couple of day before I could dry them.

No comments: