Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Thinking about Mother's Day

Fiḍál (Grace), 10 Jamál (Beauty), 170 BE - Tuesday, May 7, 2013 about 3:43 PM Pacific Time

All day I have watched the wind blow through the boughs of the trees in my neighborhood. All day I have watch the clouds gather in the sky. This afternoon it is mostly cloudy, with patches of blue sky showing through. Sunday is Mother's Day, the first Mother's Day I will spend without Mom. The first Mother's Day I will not have a gift for her.

All day I have watched the clouds and the wind. All day I have though about Mom and Mother's Day. I will go to the cemetery to visit her grave. I will take my prayer book and read a prayer for the departed. I will not put flowers on her grave because I do not have enough money to purchase her a bouquet  of her favorite flowers. I will say a prayer for the departed, but I cannot put a bouquet of red roses on her grave. How I would love to purchase a bouquet of roses for Mama for Mother's Day, but I do not have enough money in my bank account.

No comments: