Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday Epiphany

Kamál (Perfection), 11 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur), 170 BE - Monday, May 27, 2013 about 11:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time

The chocolate cake I baked yesterday is too big for just one person. I will be eating cake for a week and by the time Friday comes the cake will be dry. I will have to our coffee or milk on the cake so that I can eat it. I like having coffee with my cake, but I prefer to have a cup of coffee rather then the coffee poured over my cake.

All right, this is my own fault. When I bought the cake mix I did not think about the cooking for one issue.  It is difficult to cook for one person when you have spent most of your life cooking for two. However, I am going to have to learn to cook for one, especially when it comes to deserts like cake.

After thinking about this situation over breakfast, which was a slice of cake and a cup of coffee, I have decided to it is best for me to eat cake in a restaurant. In a restaurant I can order one slice of cake with ice cream and not have to worry about any leftovers. As much as I enjoy cooking a cake in a microwave, I will have to stop fixing cake at home.

I do not mind leftovers of pasta or other items, but cake is different. If I have leftover cake in the house I will eat too much and this means I cannot have cake or any type of desert (fruit excluded) for a month. Oh well, life always has something to teach and sometimes the lesson is one I teach myself.

No comments: