Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday epiphany

Jamál (Beauty), 10 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur), 170 BE - Sunday, May 26, 2013 about 2:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I baked a chocolate cake in the microwave today. I mixed the cake according to the directions on the box and then put it into a microwavable casserole dish because I don't have anything else to use for cakes when I put them in the microwave. It took the cake nine minutes to bake and I'm waiting for it to cool enough to ice.

When I smelled the cake baking, I realized that I don't want to bake cakes any other way. The cake smelled the same as it would in a conventional oven, but I could smell the cake sooner in the microwave. I like baking cakes in microwaves, especially in summer when I don't want to use a regular oven. I also like baking in a microwave in winter because I don't have to wait as long for the item to bake.

microwavable
casserole dishes waiting
for me to make lunch

nine minutes to bake
a dark chocolate fudge cake
what more can I ask

No comments: