Friday, May 17, 2013

Fifteen Minutes of Laughter

Istiqlál (Independence), 1 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur), 170 BE - Friday, May 17, 2013 about 3:07 PM Pacific Time

I am in a blog competition at writing.com and the prompt for Friday always has something to do with humor. This morning the question was "Have you laughed today?" Since I planned to go to the grocery store, I thought I would get that entry written and posted early, but I had not laughed. As I was looking for something to make me laugh, I came across a YouTube video about a study concerning laughter and the heart.

According to the doctor on the video fifteen minutes of laughter a day is good for a person's heart. Apparently, laughter has something to do with opening up the blood vessels or something like that. I thought that was interesting, I also discovered something else while I was researching the entry. I found out that, at least with me, laughter is contagious.

I realized that laughter was contagious while I was watching a video (on YouTube) of someone laughing. I could not stop laughing while the person on the video was laughing. Since I find laughing contagious, I should not have any difficulty laughing for fifteen minutes a day as long a I watch a video of someone laughing; it is worth a try anyway.

No comments: