Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Jamál (Beauty), 15 Jamál (Beauty), 170 BE - Sunday, May 12, 2013 about 1:05 PM Pacific Time

It is Mother's Day. It is my first Mother's Day without my mother. I visited her grave this morning and said a prayer for the departed. I miss Mama so much that I want to cry, but instead I write.

I looked down at Mama's headstone, it is a reddish stone with a rose engraved on one side. Mom's favorite color was red. Mom's favorite flowers were roses.

I looked down at Mama's headstone, I placed my purse on the ground and removed my prayer book. As I stood looking down, I read a prayer for the departed.

I looked down at Mama's headstone and I listened to the birds singing in the trees. Mama love to listen to the birds.

I looked down at Mama's headstone and I inhaled the fragrance of spring in the air. Mama like spring, she like listening to the birds sing in spring.

I looked down at Mama's headstone and I know she would like the spot where her bones rest.


No comments: