Friday, May 25, 2012

A windy day in May in Las Vegas


Istiqlál (Independence), 9 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 169 BE – Friday, May 25, 2012 about 7:20 PM Pacific Time

The wind began this morning. It was blowing when I left the house to go to Walgreens and Smith’s Food and Drug store. It’s been blowing all day. According to the meteorologist the wind gust were up to 40 and 41 miles per hour. He even mentioned gust of 50 miles per hour.

I still have the pine tree in my front yard. I hope it stands up to the wind gust predicted for this weekend. I went out and moved the car farther up in the driveway. Not that it will do any good if the wind blows the tree down. I’ll just have to deal with that if it should occur.

The meteorologist also predicted cooler temperatures for this weekend. He mentioned temperatures in the mid and high eighties. After the triple digit temperatures of the past few days, those are nice temperatures. Since I’m not going anywhere this weekend, I don’t suppose it matter how high the temperatures get.

No comments: