Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An Interesting Tuesday Morning in Las Vegas


Fidál (Grace), 18 Jamál (Beauty), 169 BE – Tuesday, May 15, 2012 about 8:10 Pacific Time

It’s been an interesting Tuesday morning and it isn’t even 8:30 yet. Someone called the police because Mom was screaming and putting up a fuss when the C.N.A. gave her the bath. The front door was open so it probably sounded worse then what it was. Now I suppose I’ll have to keep the front door closed while Mom gets her bath Monday through Friday.

I guess this is something I have to learn to expect. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and she gets angry when some (even me) gives her a bath. Some days she gets angrier then others, but she always gets angry. She accuses whoever is gives her the bath of attempting to kill her. I want to cry, but it would do no good.

This is a case when tears, no matter how many, help. They do not relieve the stress. Tears only make the situation worse because when I cry I remember how Mom used to be. Used to Mom didn’t curse, she didn’t shout at people, and she didn’t call people names. Now she does all those things, especially when she receives a bath. I miss the woman my mother used to be.

No comments: