Thursday, May 24, 2012

Our Plans for Memorial Day weekend in Las Vegas


Istijlál (Majesty), 8 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 169 BE – Thursday, May 24, 2012 about 6:30 PM Pacific Time

When Mom came home from the daycare center this afternoon there was a note on her wheelchair. On Monday, for Memorial Day observances, they close the daycare center. Mom will stay home and I have to figure out something for us to eat.

I have to plan three meals for two people on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. When Mom is at the daycare center, she eats two meals and snacks. I eat two meals or rather I attempt to eat two meals by myself. When Mom is at the daycare center, I usually eat only one meal, but when she is at home, I eat three meals because Mom does not like to eat by herself.

I know that Monday, we will have a potato and carrot casserole. I have not decided whether I will add chicken or beef to the potatoes and carrots. I am not sure what else we will have, so I will have to see what we have here before I go to the grocery store. Maybe I will get us a watermelon. I always enjoyed watermelon on Memorial Day.

Our plans for Memorial Day weekend are exciting. We will stay home and I will see if I can get Mom to walk up and down the hall a few times. Mom needs to get more exercise, which means assisting her and her walker up and down the hall.

No comments: