Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Hazel Nut Café Mocha Day


Jalál (Glory), 10 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 169 BE – Saturday, May 26, 2012 about 9:50 AM Pacific Time

It’s a hazel nut café mocha day, at least until I finish the carafe of coffee I made this morning. Once I’ve finished that carafe, I’m making another because I’m sure the day isn’t going to get much better. I’m not sure it will get worse, but it isn’t going to get any better.

It’s Saturday. Mom doesn’t go to the daycare center on Saturday or Sunday. Since Monday is the observation of Memorial Day, she will remain home that day as well. Due to straining or bruising my right knee some time in the last week, I can’t standup, sit down, or walk for more then five or six minutes at a time without excruciating pain. This isn’t a problem until I have to take Mom to the bathroom. It takes longer then six minutes to get Mom into the bathroom and back to the living room.

At this point, I haven’t considered the process of walking her up and down the hall. She needs the exercise, but I’m not sure I’m up to it today. I think a knee brace would help, but going to the medical supply story until Tuesday is out of the question. Even then I’m not sure I can afford a knee brace until my Social Security check comes in and I can’t get a prescription from my doctor until June 6 and I don’t think I can wait that long for a knee brace. At least not when my knee hurts the way it does when I’m on it for an extended amount of time.

I just finished my second cup of café mocha. I also just realized that I left Mom’s walker where she can pull herself up with it. Since Mom isn’t walking very well today, it isn’t a good idea to leave the walker close to her. If she gets up, she may fall down even with the walker.  Therefore, I think I need to close this, post it, move Mom’s walker, and then get me another cup of café mocha, but this time with two tablespoons of hot chocolate mix.

No comments: