Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday Task: Another Thursday at the wound hospital in Las Vegas


Istijlál (Majesty), 1 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 169 BE – Thursday, May 17, 2012 about 6:05 PM Pacific Time

I went to the wound hospital this morning to have the bandage on my left leg changed. The R.N. who changed the dressing thought it looked worse then it did on Tuesday, May 15, so he got the doctor to look at it. The doctor had the nurse put a different type of dressing on the wound, wrote me a prescription for antibiotics, and said I only had to have the dressing changed once a week. I will see the doctor again in two weeks.

The bandage that is on my leg now, is the type that I can’t get wet other wise it stinks. This means I have to get creative when it comes to taking a shower. The problem is that I can’t find anything to cover the leg with the bandage. If I use a plastic trash bag, which is the only thing tall enough to reach my knee, the bandage will still get wet. I found out, when I had another type of bandage on the leg, that those tall kitchen trash bags don’t work very well when it comes to keeping a knee high bandage dry.

Oh well, that’s life. I will be spending the next two or four Thursday mornings at the wound hospital either having the bandage changed or seeing a doctor. Whoever is reading this, please say healing prayers for me.

No comments: