Saturday, May 19, 2012

Somber Saturday: Trying to stay awake in Las Vegas


Jalál (Glory), 3 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 169 BE – Saturday, May 19, 2012 about 12:05 PM Pacific Time

I’m not very happy today. I got up later then usual because I wasn’t enthusiastic about staying home today. I think I would rather have gone to a park, the swimming pool, or beach. However, those places are out of the question on Saturday’s because getting Mom into and out of a car without working air conditioning is not a battle I choose to fight. Therefore, we stay home on Saturday and Sunday.

This morning was difficult for Mom in more ways then one. She wanted to cry and didn’t attempt to answer any of my questions about why she was crying. Right now, that isn’t an option because I still have to make her bed. In addition, I would much rather have her in the living room where it is easy to get her to the bathroom when necessary and this morning it’s been extremely necessary.

I’ll try to convince her to lay down on the couch if she wants a nap. Perhaps I can convince her to get up and walk around for a few minutes. I’m not sure how cooperative she will be when it comes to walking down the hall and not going into her bedroom. If I let her lay down in her bed room then she will want to get up to go to her bathroom and that isn’t the bathroom easiest for her to use.

Perhaps as the day goes on, both of our moods will change toward the positive. Mine will, I know; however, I’m not sure about Mom’s. Maybe I can get her to laugh about something or at least smile. Writing this post has helped my mood, I’m still tired, but my mood is brighter and I’m smiling; this is always a good sign.

No comments: