Saturday, November 29, 2008

My week in Review

Jalál (Glory), 7 Qawl (Speech), 165 B.E. – Saturday, November 29, 2008 about 4:32 PM Pacific Time

On Thanksgiving Mom and I went to Terrible Herbst hotel to the buffet. We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy, potato salad, cream of pumpkin soup, and pumpkin pie. I never ate cream of pumpkin soup before, it was delicious. The Paratransit bus took us there and brought us back home.

Thanksgiving it also rained, which didn't do me a lot of good since my shoes had holes in the bottom and my feet got wet. All right, it's probably my own fault since I knew that I needed new shoes, I just didn't think the soles were that bad. Anyway I did learn something, I learned that I need to keep an extra pair of shoes on hand. Learning something is part of the process of transformation.

Black Friday I spent most of the day on a CAT bus going from one end of Charleston Blvd. to the other. I had to pick up Mom's meds at Walgreens and mine at Wal-Mart, when I originally took the prescription to Wal-Mart I had a car and didn't think there were be a problem. That prescription needs a doctor to refill it the next time, so I'll take the next prescription someplace closer.

While I was out yesterday I bought me a pair of shoes, but I'm wondering if I'm not coming down with a cold. A cold is the last thing I need because I don't want to take off work, but if I have a cold I'll have to. I think I'll fix me a cup of hot tea or coffee and have a chocolate candy bar or a cookie.

No comments: