Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sometimes Life Intervenes

‘Idál (Justice), 10 Qawl (Speech), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, December 2, 2008 about 8:49 AM Pacific Time

I haven't posted anyting in the past few day because events or at least I thought events intervened and prevented me from posting. Now I think it was just a bit of blog block caused by stress. Anyway something happened last night the made me think how short life really is and that I need to make more of an effort to post daily.

Lion, my yellow cat, died in my arms while I was holding him on the love seat. This isn't the first cat or pet that I've lost, but he is the first one who died in my arms while I was petting him. I knew he was ill, but I didn't realize he was that sick. He was about 12 years old, with a soft purr that got louder as you stroked his fur. When he didn't purr last night as I petted, I should have know something was wrong.

His death has caused me to think about the life changing events in my life. His death has caused me to think about writing my memoirs. His death has caused me to think about getting my mother to write her memoirs. I'm going to start by writing a chapter on Lion, I don't know how Mom's going to start her memoirs.

No comments: