Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Miss my Grandparents

‘Idál (Justice), 9 Qudrat (Power), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, November 12, 2008 about Sunset Pacific Time

I miss my grandparents. I think it must be the time of year. Thanksgiving is coming up and then Christmas. I don't celebrate Christmas anymore, but I have fond memories of Grandma and Grandpa. Those memories always seem to come back this time of year.

Grandma always enjoyed making Thanksgiving dinner. She would bake pies before Thanksgiving and put them in the freezer. Then on Thanksgiving, after the turkey was done she would put the pies in the oven and warm them up.

On Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving she would begin decorating the house for Christmas. Grandpa would buy a live tree and we would decorate the tree. Grandma and Grandpa eventually got an artificial Christmas tree, but it wasn't a green tree. The artificial tree they bought was a silver aluminum tree. It looked pretty and you could decorate it just like a real tree.

No comments: