Sunday, November 09, 2008

I Am Not Going To Microwave a Turkey This Year

Jamál (Beauty), 6 Qudrat (Power), 165 B.E. – Sunday, November 9, 2008 about 8:31 AM Pacific Time

For the past three or four years at either Thanksgiving or Christmas, I have microwaved a turkey for our holiday feast. I am not going to do that this year! Each turkey I have had microwaved has been too big for the oven. The turkeys were given to us, so I had no choice of the size. I had to work with the bird I had on hand.

However, this year the bird goes into the freezer and stays there, until I can cook it in a regular oven. Because the turkeys were too big for my oven, I had to carve the turkey before cooking it. That in itself is a project, which takes most of the morning. After I carved the bird, I picked the pieces I to fix for our dinner and put the rest in the fridge. However, I had to cook it later in the day because I could not put it back in the freezer until it was cooked.

I am not going to microwave a turkey this year. I am tired of Microwaved turkey. I am tired of carving the bird before it is cooked. This year Mom and I will go out for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do not know where we will go, but we will go out to eat on those two holidays.

No comments: