Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Windy Week in Las Vegas

Istijlál (Majesty), 4 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Thursday, May 1, 2008 about 7:15 PM PDT

It's been a windy week in Las Vegas, earthquake after shocks in Reno. There is a wild fire raging in California. A typical spring in the west, all right, maybe earthquakes in Nevada isn't typical, but they do occur. We're suppose to be due for a big one.

I suppose an earthquake or two is to be expected with everything else going on this year. Gas prices are rising. They haven't quite reached $4.00 in Vegas yet (at least not at the gas stations I shop at), but they will. Gas prices will reach the $4.00 mark and more earthquakes will occur in Nevada. I need to get an emergancy kit prepared just in case the big one comes in my life time.

I'll have to check and see what I need in an earthquake emergency kit. Not that we'll be getting too far from Vegas with gas prices on the rise. I think I'll start keeping track of the miles I get per gallon. There was a time when I didn't worry abut earthquake emergency kits or how many miles I could go on a gallon of gas. Things sure change as you get older and wiser.

We have been lucky this year with the wind. In February we lost the elm, but it missed the garage. I am working Monday through Friday now. Mom is doing well even though she won't use the new microwave. We are slowly converting to longer lasting light bulbs and now I find out that I may have to dispose of the burned out ones different then I did the other type. I think that's all for this entry.

No comments: