Monday, May 12, 2008

Thoughts at the end of the day

Kamál (Perfection), 15 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Monday, May 12, 2008 about 6:50 PM PDT

Sunset approaches on a cloudy Monday afternoon. I had a doctor's appointment today at 3:00 PM and naturally I got lost going there. I turned the wrong way on Flamingo. Instead of turning west I turned east. All right, I am directionally challenged, i.e. I have no sense of direction and get lost easily. However, I have lived in Las Vegas long enough to know I need to ask specific questions.

I know where I went wrong. Instead of asking the person on the phone if I went toward or away from Las Vegas Blvd. when I turned onto Flamingo; I ask if the place was east (going away from Las Vegas Blvd.) of Maryland Pkw. I should have ask if I turned toward Las Vegas Blvd. (that is west of Maryland Pkw. Oh well, I will know better the next time. Actually I will not get lost driving to that clinic again. Fortunately, I seldom get lost going to a new place.

I have another appointment on Monday morning for lab tests. I have to fast 12 hours before the tests. I am looking forward to the tests and to getting back on my meds, which is the reason I went to the doctor in the first place. However, as usual the doctor thinks that I need more then just the thyroid test. She is probably right, still I am going to have to take off work Monday because the test have to be done of a morning.

No comments: