Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Silver Dollar Pancakes

‘Idál (Justice), 3 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, April 30, 2008 about 5:09 PM PDT

When we were growing up my Mom and Grandmother would make silver dollar and Mickey Mouse pancakes for us. Grandma would make Mickey Mouse pancakes on Sunday morning before we went to church. Grandma would make the pancakes, then we would put maple syrup and real butter on them. I liked my pancakes with over easy eggs and hash browns on the side. I still like my pancakes that way. However, today I prefer to have grape jelly or strawberry preserves on my pancakes.

Mom would make the silver dollar pancakes on school mornings sometimes. I like these because they were small and easy to eat. I didn't have to have syrup on all of them. Sometimes I would put jelly on them rather then butter and syrup. As a child, I liked to experiment with different types of toppings on my pancakes. Even today, I will experiment with different types of toppings on my pancakes, but grape jelly and strawberry preserves are my favorite. However, I have put peanut butter on my pancakes.

I have an electric skillet, so I think I'll try to make silver dollar and Mickey Mouse pancakes. When you make pancakes yourself, not the frozen kind, it's difficult to makes shaped pancakes or hot cakes in a Microwave oven or a toaster oven. Shaped pancakes look better fixed either in an electric skillet or on top of the stove in a frying pan.

No comments: