Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I have a doctor's appointment next week

Fidál (Grace), 9 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, May 6, 2008 about 6:25 PM PDT

I have a doctor's appointment next week. I believe it is on Monday afternoon at 3:00 PM. I changed this appointment last week so I cannot change it again. I am going to have to keep it. I need to get back on my meds. Actually there are many things I need, but the doctor's appointment is the most urgent right now.

I can remember my grandmother going to see the doctor. She would go religiously. I am not like that and I am not sure why. Maybe I take after my grandfater. He did not go to see a doctor unless he absolutely need to see one. I have to absolutely need to see one now.

Maybe I avoid going to a doctor because I have no health insurance. Having no health insurance is a real pain. Without health insurance, I have to let something else go to pay for the doctor. Without health insurance, I have to pay for the entire bill for any lab tests myself. I need lab tests because without them the doctor cannot tell what is wrong with me.

There was a time when I did not realize how important health insurance was and I did not worry about needing this type of insurance. I have changed, I now realize how important it is; the problem is I cannot get and I cannot afford health insurance. I cannot afford to pay the medical bills and I cannot afford health insurance. This is an interesting dilemma.

No comments: