Saturday, May 03, 2008

A butterfly inside its Chrysalis

Jalál (Glory), 6 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Saturday, May 3, 2008 about 3:17 PM PDT

Life for a butterfly inside its chrysalis is stressful and perplexing. It doesn't really know what's going on as its body changes from that of an earth crawler to a flyer. I've felt like a butterfly in its Chrysalis for the past year. When I began this blog in about 2005, I thought the name was interesting. I didn't realize until recently how appropriate the name of the blog would become.

In the past year life has been extremely stressful. This year the stress has begun to leave or perhaps I'm just reacting differently to it. I'm still seeing ways I need to change, but transformation isn't easy. Transformation is growing wings and growing wings is difficulty for an earth bound creature.

Perhaps I am too impatient. I want transformation to occur immediately without the stress, the tests and the difficulties. Transformation doesn't occur without difficulties. If the human soul didn't encounter difficulties on its physical journey, it would never achieve its true potential.

I think that sometimes I let my fear and my ego interfere in the process. The soul is the spiritual part of the individual. The soul is a gift from God and it seeks to return to the eternal beloved. The ego is the part that is tied to the material realm. It can't see beyond into the next world and so it fears. The ego does its best to stop the process of transformation. The ego doesn't want the soul to develop wings. However, if the soul doesn't develop wings it will be at a disadvantage in the next world.

No comments: