Thursday, May 29, 2008

Let there be light in my Dinning Room

Istijlál (Majesty), 13 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Thursday, May 29, 2008 about 6:44 PM PDT

My grandmother cleaned house in the middle of the night. When she could not sleep she would get up and clean house. Of course, she had light. All right I do have lights, in every room of this house I have lights that work, except in the dinning room. The chandelier does not work, even when I put new bulbs in it does not work; so I keep it off, until recently I had a floor lamp that worked, unfortunately, the switch went out and I cannot use it.

I do not intention of getting the floor lamp fixed because I bought it at a yard sale five or six years ago. I paid $5.00 for it and it will cost me more then that to get the switch fixed. For what it would cost to fix it, I can get a new lamp. Eventually I will get a new lamp, but for now I will just have to clean that room during the day.

There is a hospital bed in the dinning room and I'm going to call next week to have it removed. Until I get my dinning room table out of the living room and back where it belongs, I am not going to get a new lamp for the dining room. In the mean time, I will compare lamp prices and see what styles of floor lamps are available. The lamp I have now is black and I do not want another black lamp in my dining room.

As for the chandelier, it is ugly and too big for the dining room, but I cannot complain because it was there when we bought the house. If I get another chandelier, I want one that looks different, is smaller and does not hang down as low.

No comments: