Sunday, May 04, 2008

Mother's Day Approaches

Jamál (Beauty), 7 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Sunday, May 4, 2008 about 9:39 AM PDT

Mother's day is coming and I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for Mom on that day. Thinking back over my childhood I remember things my siblings and I did for Mom when we were growing up. One year we served her breakfast in bed. She enjoyed that, especially since we didn't burn the breakfast or the house down and cleaned up afterwards. However, I don't think breakfast in bed is going to do it this year.

Maybe I'll write a poem for her. I don't think I've ever written a poem specifically for my mother for Mother's Day. I've written Mother's Day Poems, but not one dedicated to Mom. I don't know why I've never written a Mother's Day poem to my mother. I suppose that would be a good subject to explore in my off line journal. I could do a blog entry about memories I have of Mom and growing up.

My mother is 87 years young. I'm worried about some of the things she does, but I think that's normal. She doesn't do anything odd or off beat, it's just that sometimes she does things differently from the way she did them when she went into the hospital last year. I'm going to talk to her doctor about that at her next appointment. Maybe I should write everything down I want to talk to her doctor about.

I want Mom to write down the things she remembers about her childhood and being a young woman. Perhaps I'll get her a blank book for that. Then she can write down everything she remembers and talks about. My mother is an exceptional person. She is wonderful and loving. She raised my siblings and me practically alone. True she did have some help from grandma and grandpa, but she did most of the job herself and held down a full time job. That doesn't seem like a lot today, but when I was a child it was unusual.

No comments: