Sunday, May 11, 2008

The First Day of a New Week

Jamál (Beauty), 14 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Sunday, May 11, 2008 about 4:24 PM PDT

It is Sunday, the first day of a new week. This week started out good, I said the morning prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah. This particular prayer I have memorized and I say it every morning. I got up about ten minutes before the alarm went off, which was a good thing. Yesterday I listened to the Saturday morning show that my brother prerecords. Anyway when I turned the radio off I turn did not turn the alarm on.

Mom and I went out for prime rib today. We went to a local place close to the Las Vegas strip. The coffee shop has a pleasant atmosphere and you cannot hear the noise of gambling. Mom and I do not gamble, so it is nice to sit in a restaurant and eat without the tinkle of coins. We had the king cut prime rib and horseradish. They served us both types of horseradish, the creamed kind which is not hot and the regular type. The regular type is hot enough to bring tears to your eyes, which is the best type of horseradish.

We brought home some of the leftover prime rib, so tomorrow I will fix it with some potatoes and green veggies. Today was a good Sunday. The weather not too hot and there is a slight wind. Mom is happy and I am happy. I am looking forward to a fulfilling week and the Feast of 'Azamat on May 16.

Happy Mothers' Day

No comments: