Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Beautiful day in Las Vegas

‘Idál (Justice), 12 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, May 28, 2008 about 7:39 PM PDT

Today was a beautiful day, not too warm and not too cold. There were clouds scattered across the sky and a slight wind. It did not rain today; it was just a beautiful spring day in Las Vegas. Today is the kind of day that encourages sitting on the patio and saying prayers or reading the scriptures.

Today is the kind of day that encourages going to the park. The only problem for me is that both parks closest to my house are closed. They closed one for improvements and the other because the city wanted to discourage the homeless from sleeping there. That was not the reason they gave when they closed it I forget the official reason. Since both parks are closed the only place I can go to write or meditate is on my back patio.

Gas prices are about $3.89 a gallon here so I no longer drive across town just to go to a park. If some of my friends are going or there is a group affair at a park then I will drive across town. I will not drive just to sit in a park by myself and write or meditate.

A beautiful day in Las Vegas,
is becoming a beautiful evening.

No comments: