Monday, May 19, 2008

Too hot for butterflies

Kamál (Perfection), 3 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. – Monday, May 19, 2008 about 7:15 PM PDT

It is too hot out doors for butterflies today. The temperature reach 108 degrees at McCarran airport, which is where the official temperature of Las Vegas is taken. The weather person expected it to get to about 109 before the sunsets and the city begins cooling down. Tomorrow the winds pick up and we are in for the blow dryer effect. After the winds pick up then the temperature will cool down to the 80s and 90s, but for now were in for, at least, one more hot day.

I put a new filter in the air conditioner Friday and turned the unit on. It appears to be working well though it takes a while to cool this house down. Fortunately, I will not know what the power bill for this month is until around June 4 or 5. I know it will come up because the last couple of months I have not had the unit on at all.

I will worry about the power bill when it comes in. I have more import problems at the moment. Starting Saturday, I am going to be doing my own yard work. Saturday I will pick up any trash in the front yard before it gets too hot. Then Sunday, if I can find my gardening gloves, see about trimming the oleanders in the front.

No comments: