Monday, February 04, 2008

Leap Year Memories

Kamal (Perfection), 17 Sultan 164 B.E. - Monday, February 3, 2008 about 5:03 PM PST

In leap years my grandparents always paid more attention to national events. Not that they didn't know what was going on nationally in the other years, but leap years were special because of the presidential elections. The thing I remember most about the leaps years going to the polls with my grandparents and waiting for them to vote. Grandma and Grandpa always voted, but my grandfather never tried to tell my grandmother who to vote for.

Another thing I remember about those leap years was that my grandparents never put down any of those running for any office national, state or local. Grandma and Grandpa always discussed the issues not those running for office. Maybe that's why I prefer to discuss the issues myself rather then anything else.

No comments: