Saturday, February 09, 2008

I completed my Write Week Essay

Jalal (Glory), 3 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Saturday, February 9, 2008 about 9:27 AM PST

Write Week is the first seven days of each month. In that time one writes 5,000 words and completes the writing project within that week. I wrote a personal essay entitled Light of the World. I used the free write technique on this essay and wrote 5,325 words.

In this exercise, I didn't time myself, rather I wrote until I wrote myself out on each section of the essay. I began each section with a scripture verse to start the thought process about the subject. Normally when I free write I give myself a specific time, which ranges from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. I think I like the range of 5 to 20 minutes best. However, with this essay I seemed to have a lot to write about each time I began writing.

I'm going to do a lot of rewriting with it because some of what I wrote had more to do with how I felt about writing then on the subject itself. I'm going to let Light of the World set for a few days before beginning the rewrite. I have other project to finish so there won't be a problem finding stuff to write about.

No comments: