Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Elm Tree is Gone

'Idal (Justice), 14 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Wednesday, February 20, 2008 about 11:38 AM PST

The elm tree is gone, blown down by the wind, then cut up and carried away. I can see the sky clear for the first time since moving into this house. The tree planted by the former owners and stood for many years. Until today, I did not realize how much of the sky those limbs hid.

Today it is partly cloudy to mostly cloudy. There are patches of blue sky peeking through the white clouds. The clouds look like the wool of newly washed sheep. It is beautiful and windy out today.

The stone pine trees still stand and their limbs blow in the wind. I notice the absence of the elm tree more today then I have since it blew down on Valentine's Day. I will miss the elm tree, but my new view of the sky is beautiful. Another advantage of the missing tress is that the street light now shines directly on my front lawn and into the living room window.

No comments: