Friday, February 15, 2008

The Elm Tree in My Front Yard

Istiqlal (Independence), 9 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Friday, February 15, 2008 about 10:48 AM PST

The Elm Tree in my front yard is now lying across the yard. The wind late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning blew the tree down. It uprooted the tree and it feel across the yard toward the street. Some of the limbs were blocking the sidewalk and the street, but the city trucks came yesterday and removed those limbs. I have to deal with the rest of the tree, which means I have to find someone with a buzz saw to cut the tree up and remove it.

I suppose I'll have to get estimate from tree removal services to find the cheapest. I haven't had trees removed from the yard since we moved in several years ago. Then I had palm trees taken out. That didn't cost me anything except gifts for the guys who removed the trees. I think having the elm removed might be a little more expensive. On the bright side, the tree didn't fall on the garage roof or take out any power lines or street lights.

No comments: