Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Valentines Day brings back pleasant memories from grade school. Every year when Valentines Day feel on a weekday, my grade school class would exchange Valentine cards. I remember making little mail boxes out of card board. I think we used the empty cereal boxes and decorated them with red hearts. Each student would put his or her name on the box. The teach always made sure that every student gave cards to all the other students in the class.

I remember going to the store with my mother and buying Valentine cards. The type of cards we bought came in little books and I removed the cards along to dotted lines. The cards came out of the book easily, I would sign my name to each card, put the card in the envelope and then write the name of a class mate on the outside. I remember writing the first name of each student and then on Valentines Day, I would take the cards to school and put them in the proper "mail box".

We would open our mail boxes and take the cards out about an hour before class ended. That day we had cupcakes, decorated with hearts, chocolate milk and little candy hearts with messages on them. I still like the little candy hearts, all though I prefer chocolate candy most of the year.

No comments: