Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Grandfater was Successful

Jalal (Glory), 15 Sultan (Sovereignty), 164 B.E. - Saturday, Febraury 2, 2008 about 12:52 PM

My Grandfather was successful
at being a guardian angel;
he kept an eye on all four grandchildren and a dog
when we went to the lake,
into town
or to spend an evening on our cousin's farm.

I don't think I ever thanked him for saving my life
when I played hide-n-seek at my cousin's farm
and hid in a old fridge;
he found me and took me out
said nothing to Mom,
but had the door removed.

I don't think I ever thanked him for saving my brother's life
when we went to Lake Carl Blackwell
and the life jacket Tom wore
became water logged;
he took my brother to shore
and got him another jacket.

I don't think I ever thanked him for saving Pop Corn's life
when she was shut in a hot car,
he took her out and gave her water
and took us all home.

My Grandfather was successful
at being our guardian angel
and I don't think I ever thanked him,
before he passed on into the next world.

No comments: