Monday, February 18, 2008

The Never Ending Pile of Laundry

Kamal (Perfection), 12 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Monday, February 18, 2008 about 11:37 AM PST

I don't remember my Grandmother having a never ending pile of laundry. She did laundry once a week on Saturday. My Grandfather built her a laundry room at the side of the house where she kept her washing machine. I remember Grandma doing laundry in a wringer washer. She would was the cloths in the machine and then put them through the wringer to get the excess water out before putting them into the rinse tubs. She put her cloths through two rinses, the first had blueing in it and the second was just plain tap water.

I do remember Grandma using a washboard to scrube cloths with stains in them. She had a special tub for prewashing clothes. She would prewash the clothes with a scrube board, wring them out and then put them in the washing machine. I remember her using the old wringer washer for years until Grandpa bought her an automatic washer.

Grandma never seemed to have a never ending pile of laundry and she did it only once a week. I on the other hand do laundry everyday and it seems I'm doing the same amount of cloths everyday. I know there has to be something that I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. If I let the laundry go just one day it gets bigger.

1 comment:

Deboriah said...

Hi Neva! Join the crowd sweetheart. I feel the same way. Just not only about laundry...I wonder how my mom kept the house so nice. I remember her doing things but the house was never dirty and she didn't seem to work that hard. Guess we are so busy when we are kids that a lot gets past us huh. Love your blog. Check mine out sometimes.