Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Backing into my Garage

Istijlal (Majesty), 8 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Wednesday, February 13, 2008 about 6:52 PM PST

I finally did it, I backed my car into my garage. Now this may not sound like a great accomplishment, but my driveway is one of those that curves when it goes into the garage. Normally I don't back into it because of the trashcans and everything else setting inside. However, my car wouldn't start yesterday because the battery was too low.

The reason the battery lost the charge was a combination of leaving a door slightly open and a loose cable. I'm going to have to get the cable fixed, but in the meantime I'm going to be backing into my garage because it's easier to put jumper cables on the car. If I drive it in the way I normally do then the car has to be pushed out of the garage before the jumper cables can be attached.

I'm going to have to get the cable and have someone attach it. It's times like this that I wish I had taken shop in high school. When I went to high school it wasn't considered proper for girls to take shop classes and boys to take home economics. I took home economics, like all the other girls, I made a suite and I learn a little about cooking. The only thing I use from that class are the cooking skills. A shop class that showed me how to work on cars would have been more useful, but women then were suppose to go to high school, on to college and then get married. Once they got married, they were expected to stay home and raise children while their husbands went to work and made a living.

No comments: