Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Is the Glass Half-Empty or Half-Full?

Fidal (Grace), 6 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Tuesday, February 12, 2008 about 1:08 PM PST

Is the glass half-empty or half-full? I am asking myself this question. I always thought that I looked at the glass as half-full, but my perspective changed in the past year. Recently I realize that I have view the glass as half-empty for the past year. I know this is simply part of the process of transformation, but the realization that my perspective had change was somewhat of a shock.

I have had several "break-throughs" in the past few months, but the one about my perspective shook me up the most. I like the half-full perspective much better then the half-empty view of the glass of my life. I know it is just a matter of perspective because the two glasses have the same amount of liquid in them, it just how I see the level of the liquid and which part of the glass I am looking at. If I focus on the top half of the glass and see only the empty space then the glass is half-empty. If I focus on the bottom half of the glass and see the liquid then the glass is half-full.

My grandparents always saw the glass as half-full, but they lived for over seventy years and probably encountered both perspectives in their lifetime. They chose to see the glass as half-full because that is the perspective that encourages faith.

No comments: