Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday in Las Vegas

Istijlal (Majesty), 15 Mulk (Dominion), 164 B.E. - Thursday, February 21, 2008 about 10:13 AM PST

This morning I am thankful for the Tablet of Ahmad revealed by Baha'u'llah. Every time I repeat or read this prayer I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. I have the prayer memorized, but sometimes I read it. Especially in the early morning before Mom gets up, I read the prayer aloud. That is how I memorized the prayer; I read it aloud over several different day. I think about a month or two.

This morning I am thankful for the bright beautiful sun I saw when I went to the garage to see if I turned my light off last night. I looked out my living room window and saw my headlight reflecting the rising sun. I thought I had left the light on, so I went out to turn them off, but found I had turned the headlight off last night.

This morning I am thankful for the rain we received yesterday. It was a cold winter rain, the type that you expect to turn to snow at any minute. I enjoyed the rain, even though I was driving in it and the window on the driver's side won't roll up when it is raining.

This morning I am thankful for the slow cooker that I am cooking the chicken in this morning. When the chicken finishes cooking, I am going to take it out and put in some bow tie pasta.

This morning I am thankful for the cloudy sky after the bright sunrise. It looks as though it may rain again today, since I didn't look at the news this morning I don't know what the weather report for today says.

This morning I am thankful for the neighbor's cat that walks across my yard every day. She is a black cat with orange and yellow markings. If I am outside when she goes through the yard she rubs against my leg.

This morning I am thankful for having dirty sheets to put in the washer. I like to turn the water on, put the soap in the machine, and then watch the washer fill up with water before putting the sheets in. I like to see the suds the soap makes as the water runs into the machine.

This morning I am thankful for the chill in the morning air in late winter. It reminds me of winter in Oklahoma and staying at my Grandparents' house.

This morning I am thankful for the view of the sky that I now have through my living room window. The elm tree is gone, while I will miss the tree, the new view of the sky and the streetlight shining directly into my yard makes is absence less noticeable.

This morning I am thankful for the slight breeze that is blowing. The breeze moves the limbs on the stone pine trees in my front yard and the limbs appear to be waving good morning.

1 comment:

nothingpetty said...

A wonderful list, Neva- Thanks for sharing it with me.